Sunday, January 27, 2013

ATS Picks: Day 5

Maybe I should just start picking the exact opposite of what I actually think is going to happen.  I don't think my pride can handle another night of going 3-6-1.  I even lost my lock of the day, so now I'm 3-1 (.750%). For the overall season I'm 16-17-1 (.485%).  No worries though.  I'll be better.

I'm so hyped for today. LeBron is back in the TD Garden and KD is playing in LA.  And just so I can get this out of the way, LeBron's Game 6 of the Eastern Conference finals last year (in Boston) was the greatest NBA playoff performance of my generation.  No questions asked.  It literally hurts my heart when people try to tell me otherwise.

Miami (-3.5) vs Boston (+3.5):  Like I said, I'm pumped for this game.  Throughout his career, LeBron's biggest rival has undoubtedly been Boston and he puts on a show when he is in the Garden.  Look for him to have a big game.

OKC (-3) vs LAL (+3):  KD is a beast when he plays in LA.  I can't remember the exact number, but I think he's averaging around 35 a game against the Lakers.  Also, OKC is head and shoulders the best team in the league right now.  Don't try to fight it, Spurs/Clippers fans.

Detroit (+2) vs Orlando (-2):  Not much to say here.  But I hope Orlando trades JJ Redick.  He could be interesting if he got a change of scenery.

New Orleans (+7.5) vs Memphis (-7.5):  Memphis is playing lock-down D right now, and they are solid at home.  Random aside: the new Pelicans logo is DOPE.

Atlanta (+5.5) vs NYK (-5.5): I think I mentioned it in an earlier post, but the Knicks really need Felton back.  Their pick-and-roll offense is pretty much nonexistent without him, and his absence more or less renders Tyson Chandler useless on the offensive end (aside from the occasional swat-back-to-the-PG offensive board).

Phoenix (+7.5) vs. Dallas (-7.5): I wouldn't touch this game with a 10 foot stick, but I guess I have to.

Portland (+8) vs LAC (-8): The Clips have really struggled without Chris Paul, and Portland proved they could hang with them last night.  I think LA will win, but not by 8.

My lock of the day goes to OKC (-3).  This Lakers team is just too old and too slow to hang with the much younger, athletic Thunder.

Well that pretty much sums it up.  To end this post, do yourself a favor and watch this video.  Like I said.  Filthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment