Wednesday, January 30, 2013

ATS Picks: Day 8

Second night in a row that I have been played.  Really thought that the Lakers were gonna come through for me, but I guess that's what I get for counting on the Lakers.  Anyhow I went 2-2 for a cummulative record of 24-27-1 (.471%) and won my lock to go to 5-2.

Oh well.  We made it to a Wednesday, and Wednesday's in the NBA are ill.  Best game of the night has to be Miami v Brooklyn, but Boston v Sacramento will be interesting (and I only say this because I want to see how Boston plays after the Rondo news.. not because either of these teams is worth a sack of crap).

In other news, Memphis is definitely dumping Rudy Gay, and Miami and Cleveland are looking to sign Greg Oden.  Let me just say, Greg Oden would be a fool to not sign with the Heat.  If he does in fact sign with Miami, I will be heartbroken if they dump Birdman.  Do the right thing, Pat.

Washington (+3.5) vs Philadelphia (-3.5):  The Wizards have the best record against the spread in the the NBA this year.  Who knew.

Detroit (+8) vs Indiana (-8):  This one hurts me.  8 is so many point to swallow for an Indiana team that is offensively mediocre at best.  I'll do it doe.  Also Andre Drummond gets the photo of the day because he had 18 and 18 last night.  Big shout to Andre Drummond.

Orlando (+9) vs NYK (-9):  This Knicks team is finally starting to get healthy and, as much as I hate to say it, Ray Ray really is the difference maker.  Even if he is still fat.

Toronto (+7) vs Atlanta (-7):  I always like Toronto against larger spreads.  This team can play but they have no one to close games for them, unless you want Jose Calderon taking over.  I smell a Rudy Gay trade.

Sacramento (+7) vs Boston (-7): This Celtics team beat the Heat on Sunday at the TD Garden, and I think they are out to prove that they can still ball with Rondo.  Plus Sacramento is trash.

LAC (-4.5) vs Minnesota (+4.5): Seems like an awfully low line, but whatever.  The Clippers are better than Minnesota. Period.

Chicago (-1) vs Milwaukee (+1):  I know I mentioned it in an earlier post but I really like this Chicago team, which, oh-by-the-way is STILL playing without one of the best point guards in the league.  And yes, I said one of the best.  I'll take CP3 all day, but that is an argument for another time and place.

Miami (-2) vs Brooklyn (+2):  Reggie Evans gave Miami motivation for tonight.  Bad move, Reggie Evans. 

Charlotte (+14.5) vs San Antonio (-14.5):  I pretty much have to pick the Spurs here because I get burned every time I pick against them.  Also because Charlotte is once again becoming comical to watch.  Remember when they started this season off really well?  Me neither.

New Orleans (+7) vs Utah (-7):  I look for Utah to rebound from an absolute drumming from the Rockets.

Houston (+4) vs Denver (-4):  I always like Denver at home.  Simple as that.

LAL (-2.5) vs Phoenix (+2.5): I don't see Phoenix staying within 3 here.  On a side note, mad props to Kobe for his third straight game with double digit assists. What an animal.


That wraps it up.  Lock of the night goes to LAL (-2.5).  What are the chances I actually go above .500 tonight?  Probably about as likely as Greg Stiemsma throwing up a triple double against the Clips.



No comments:

Post a Comment