Thursday, January 31, 2013

ATS Picks: Day 9

I actually think I almost had an aneurysm after last night's games finished and my spread picks for the day were over .500.  Finished the night 8-4 to put my record for the season at 32-31-1 (.508) and I don't even care that the Lakers didn't cover, dropping my lock record to 5-3.  I'm back over .500.  We really out here.

Minus the Lakers, I was pretty much on point yesterday.  As I predicted, Reggie Evans' much maligned trash talk towards the Heat did not sit well with LeBron and Brooklyn got smacked.  A Rondo-less Boston proved they can still play, and Toronto yet again proved that they can hang around until the last seconds just to end up losing.  Maybe Rudy Gay will finally provide a closer for that franchise, but I doubt it.

There are only two games tonight, but both are on TNT and both should be good.

Memphis (+9.5) vs OKC (-9.5):  I can't wait to see this Memphis team without Rudy Gay.  They did a pretty good job with the three team deal in my opinion, and I really think that Tayshaun Prince is an underrated pickup.  This is somewhat of a career rejuvinating move for him; there is no way he had any motivation playing in Detroit, and playing for a playoff team could really add a spark to his game. Very smart move on Memphis' part to dump Jose Calderon right away and pick up Prince.  That being said, I think they'll struggle tonight with a revamped roster, so I gotta give the game to OKC.

Dallas (+3) vs Golden State (-3):  Don't look past the addition of Andrew Bogut to this Golden State lineup.  He and David Lee have looked really good together and Bogut has a few decent post moves.  And so I guess Bogut gets the picture of the day.  Big shout to Andrew Bogut.

My lock of the night goes to Golden State (-3) just because 9.5 points is a lot to ask for, even if we are talking about the Thunder.  I guess today's post was kinda short and dull, so watch this video and let it brighten your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment