Tuesday, January 29, 2013

ATS Picks: Day 7

In yet another poor night of picks, Denver toyed with my emotions and blew a big 4th quarter lead, eventually winning by 1 (which didn't cover... big shocker).  I was oh-so-close to going over .500 for the night, but ended up 3-4 for a cummulative record of 22-25-1 (.468%).  On the bright side, I squeaked out a victory in my lock of the night to get to 4-2.  I don't hate it.

Tonights game blow but before I get to them, a random thought... Yesterday I mentioned the potential of the Celtics being blown up because of the Rondo injury.  What I didn't realize is that KG has a no trade clause in his contract, which means that Pierce would be the only sizeable piece they could realistically move move; there's not much of a market right now for Jason Terry or Jeff Green, and I think Danny Ainge likes Bradley and Sullinger too much.  So hey, maybe this team isn't going anywhere.

On to tonight's games which, as I mentioned earlier, are rather mediocre.

Golden State (+2) vs Cleveland (-2):  Steph Curry got hurt (again) last night, but he should probably play today.  Goldent State is just better than Cleveland; not gonna try to overthink this one.  On a side note, now that Rondo is hurt I guess Kyrie Irving will get the nod in the All Star game as starting point guard.  This is a good thing.

Milwaukee (+1) vs Detroit (-1): Andre Drummond is quickly becoming a solid player for the Pistons.  Remember when no one in the draft wanted to take a chance on him?  High risk, high reward I guess.  Either way I like Milwaukee here.  Detroit is just too inconsistent.

Portland (-3) vs Dallas (+3):  Not much to say here, although I would like to take credit for being the earliest to jump on the Damian-Lillard-for-ROY bandwagon.  I was sayin it before the summer league started.

LAL (-7.5) vs New Orleans (+7.5): Like I said yesterday, I don't think the Lakers can sustain this high level of play, but it sure does make them interesting when they do.  Kobe has gone into somewhat of a LeBron role (a poor man's LeBron, that is) and has started dishing the rock and getting boards.  I gotta give him props though.  He really will do anything for that team to win.


The lock of the night goes to Golden State (+2).  To end this post, check out Deshawn Stevenson's neck tattoo.  Gets me every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment