Saturday, February 2, 2013

ATS Picks: Day 11

Last night was another average 6-6 night, putting my cummulative record at 39-37-1 (.513).  I'm also a dork so I completely blanked and forgot to pick a lock for the night.  My record stays at 5-3-1.

I guess last night's highlight was Indiana's big win over Miami.  The Pacers have pretty much found the blueprint for beating this Heat team: just pound it inside and let the post players wear down Bosh and Haslem.  This is exactly why I think Miami should realistically be afraid of physical teams like the Pacers and the Bulls in the playoffs.

I'm not really loving tonight's lineup, partly because of the enormous lines and partly because the games just aren't that good.  Here goes nothing doe.

Chicago (+6.5) vs Atlanta (-6.5):  Chicago absolutely smacked Atlanta when they played a few weeks ago, but tonight the Bulls may be without Noah, Boozer, and Hinrich.  Even so, they stayed with 4 of Brooklyn last night with the same lineup, so I like Chicago here.

Sacramento (+11) vs NYK (-11):  Sacramento is so bad amd they always seem to get blown out.  Plus the game is at MSG and I always like the Knicks at home.

OKC (-10) vs Cleveland (+10):  This is such an ill matchup at PG.  Probably the two most aesthetically pleasing point guards in the leauge to watch (since Rose is out).  Kyrie Irving is a cold-blooded killer in close games, but I just don't see this one staying close.

Charlotte (+12) vs Houston (-12):  Houston can score, and Charlotte can't play D.  Simple as that.

New Orleans (+3) vs Minnesota (-3):  Injuries have destroyed this Timberwolves team.  K Love is the most obvious, but Alexey Shved and Nikola Pekovic have missed a lot of time and they are both quality players.  Who knows where this team would be if they had been healthy all year.

Orlando (+9.5) vs Milwaukee (-9.5):  Orlando is atrocious.

Washington (+13) vs San Antonio (-13):  I don't have much to say about this game so we'll just take this time and dedicate it to Tiago Splitter for staying on his 10.5-a-game grind. Picture of the day goes to you.  Big shout to Tiago Splitter.

Utah (+4) vs Portland (-4):  These teams played last night and Portland played me, so I gotta go with Utah. 

Phoenix (+8.5) vs Golden State (-8.5):  I really hope Steph Curry plays tonight, cause I wanna see this Golden State team in full force.  If you wanna see an excellent breakdown of the Warriors HORNS set, check out this video from +Coach Nick .

Well that just about wraps it up.  Lock of the night goes to NYK (-11).  In other news, the Celtics took another blow and will lose Jared Sullinger for the year.  All I can think about is Bill Simmons' draft diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment