Friday, February 22, 2013

ATS Picks: Day 27

I was way off the mark last night, going 0-2 for a cummulative record of 103-89 (.536), 14-10 on locks. 

Before looking ahead at tonight's games, here are just a few thoughts from yesterday's trade deadline:

1.  The Wizards once again proved their management incompetence, dealing Jordan Crawford to Boston for Leandro Barbosa and Jason Collins.  I understand they had to clear some cap space, but Crawford carried this team when John Wall was hurt, and they got two scrubs in return (both have expiring contracts, too).

2.  J.J. Redick to the Bucks was a good look, but it will be really interesting to see how he fits in with the Ellis/Jenning duo.  I can't imagine he will see as much of the ball.

3.  Josh Smith, who wasn't traded, will probably play out of his mind for the rest of the year... he knows free agency is right around the corner.  Let's just hope this doesn't turn into Deron Williams 2.0.


Onto tonight's games.

Denver (-3.5) vs Washington (+3.5): Washington really did a stellar job of revamping their roster before the trade deadline.  A crusty Jason Collins and an ACL-less Leandro Barbosa.  We takin it all the way. 

Detroit (+9.5) vs. Indiana (-9.5): Indiana is pretty dirty at home.

NYK (-2) vs Toronto (+2):  The Knicks just dealt Ronnie Brewer to the Thunder.  They should have dumped him a while ago.

Chicago (-6.5) vs Charlotte (+6.5):  Chicago just got smacked last night against Miami, and I always like well-coached teams in games after a loss.

Houston (+1.5) vs Brooklyn (-1.5):  Thomas Robinson gets the picture of the day today, becuase I really hope the change of scenery helps his development.  Big shout to Thomas Robinson.

Sacramento (+8) vs Atlanta (-8):  Like I said above, Josh Smith is gonna be a stud for the rest of the year.  He wants the big money, and so he is going to have to pay like he deserves it first.

Dalllas (-1.5) vs New Orleans (+1.5): Just a gut feeling.

Minnesota (+13.5) vs OKC (-13.5): Scott Brooks ripped his team the other night for blowing a big lead against the Rockets.  I think the Thunder come out tonight very focused, but I have to believe Minnesota can stay within 14.

Orlando (+14) vs Memphis (-14): The post Redick era starts for Orlando tonight.  They undoubtedly are worse without him, but I believe they can stay within 14 of this mediocre Memphis team.

Boston (-2) vs Phoenix (+2): Supposedly KG turned down a CP3 offer to come to the Clips.  I gotta give it up to the Big Ticket.  I woud find it rather difficult to say no to Chris Paul.

San Antonio (-3) vs Golden State (+3):  San Antonio obliterated the Clippers last night, and I think they are gonna roll again tonight.

Portland (+9.5) vs LAL (-9.5):  Kobe guaranteed that the Lakers would make the playoffs.  Earlier this year I said they were done, so I am just gonna stick to my guns.  Sorry Kobe.

Lock of the night goes to San Antonio (-3).

No comments:

Post a Comment