Friday, February 8, 2013

ATS Picks: Day 17

Well I got burned yesterday for going against my "always-pick-Denver-at-home" rule, but I don't even care, because today the NBA got some great news:  The Birdman is staying in Miami for the rest of the year.  Yup, that's right.  For the remainder of the season, Chris Andersen will grace us with his awkward court presence and questionable tattoos.  Even Erik Spoelstra, who admittedly refuses to refer to players by their nicknames, admits that Andersen is "different" and has conceded to get in touch with his avian side.  Great news for Heat nation.

In all seriousness, though, I like the signing.

Last night I went 1-1 for a cummulative record of 63-53-1 (.543) and a record of 10-4-1 for locks (side note: these "1's" at the end of my record are for pushes, and they are kinda pissing me off so I may just get rid of them). 

Tonight features 12 games, undoubtedly highlighted by the Miami-LAC matchup.  Get hyped.

Toronto (+7.5) vs Indiana (-7.5): Indiana at home.

Brooklyn (+1.5) vs Washington (-1.5):  I get scared whenever Washington is favored.  There is no reason that Brooklyn shouldn't win this game.  I mean c'mon.  The Verizon Center isn't exactly home court advantage. 

LAL (-6.5) vs Charlotte (+6.5):  I would go Charlotte, but then again, who goes Charlotte?

San Antonio (-5) vs Detroit (+5): I doubt Duncan is gonna play til after the break, but I still gotta put my faith in Pop.

Orlando (+6.5) vs Cleveland (-6.5): One word.  Kyrie.

New Orleans (+4.5) vs Atlanta (-4.5): Jeff Teague has been playing out of his mind lately.

NYK (-6) vs Minnesota (+6):  You never know what you're gonna get out of the Wolves, so I like New York here.
 

Golden State (+3.5) vs Memphis (-3.5):  The Grizzlies are apparently still shopping ZBo, although they promised him he would stay.  I don't understand.

LAC (+5.5) vs Miami (-5.5):  Since this post is pretty much entirely devoted to Birdman, I'll go with the Heat.

Phoenix (+12.5) vs OKC (-12.5):  OKC is at home.

Portland (+7) vs Houston (-7):  Houston has been playing really well of late, and I don't really like Portland on the road.

Chicago (+4) vs Utah (-4): Chicago has lost two straight, and I don't think it's gonna be three.

Lock of the night goes to San Antonio (-5).

No comments:

Post a Comment